Preparing a well-made meal during a camping or fishing trip can be a bit of a hassle. There are no refrigerators to store your food and there are no stoves easily cook your meals. Setting up a fire to heat the food up can be time consuming. Many campers or fishers tend to prefer to bring along already made meal packs to keep their appetites sated during a trip. Here are six simple and easy to make snacks to take on your next fishing trip.
1. Fruit. The beauty of bringing fruit on a fishing trip is its convenience. Fruits are easy to carry around in a bag. Fruits are also healthy and very delicious. You essentially have your pick of any fruit you desire, from apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, strawberries, cherries, pineapples, mangos or watermelons.
2. Salad. To take a salad on your fishing trip, all you will need is a plastic container with a lid, the ingredients, a fork and a cooler in order to store the leafy greens. You have your pick from with bean salad, Caesar salad, egg salad, garden salad, fruit salad, Greek salad, pasta salad, and tuna salad. Like fruit, salad is a good choice if you are on a healthy diet. You can mix in the salad dressing ahead of time or buy a dressing packet to take along with you. It is important to store the salad in a cool place because the leafy greens could welt in a warm climate.
3. Sandwich. There is a reason that sandwiches are popular for camping and fishing trips. Sandwiches are a delicious and easy classic. There are plenty of sandwich selections to choose from. You can go with the classic ham and cheese or the peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwich. There is also the roast beef sandwich, the egg sandwich, a BLT (bacon, lettuce and tomato), a club sandwich, a Philly cheesesteak, a Cuban sandwich, a French dip sandwich, or a veggie burger. Like salad, it is a good idea to store your sandwich in a plastic container and maybe even a cooler, according to All Rivers & Saltwater Charters.
4. Cereal. All you need for this meal is a small, portable box of cereal, a bottle of milk, a bowl and a spoon. The milk will likely need a cooler and some ice to keep it chilled. If you go out fishing in the morning, a quick bowl of cereal can make a decent breakfast.
5. Wrap. Wraps tend to have the same portable convenience of a sandwich, but instead of using regular bread, the food is wrapped in a flatbread. Wraps can be made for breakfast, dinner or even dessert. You can go for a chicken wrap, a BLT wrap, a Mediterranean wrap, a tuna wrap, a turkey wrap, a lettuce taco wrap, a beef taco wrap, a peanut tofu wrap, a dolmas wrap, a beef wrap, or a tomato wrap. Be sure to roll up your wrap in a plastic bag and keep it in a cooler if necessary.
6. A parfait or smoothie. Smoothies are healthy and easy to make. All you need is a blender, some fruit and a liquid such as milk or yogurt. There are numerous smoothie recipes online if you are uncertain about making one. There are strawberry smoothies, green smoothies, mango smoothies, banana smoothies, orange smoothies and berry smoothies.
There is also the parfait, a snack similar to smoothies. All that is needed to make a parfait is yogurt, granola and some fruit. Granola can even be made at home with some oats and a sweetener like honey. If you don’t have yogurt for a parfait, replace it with a smoothie.